I’ve had a horrible cold the last few days and it sucks. I hate being sick but I hate more when my depression turns into something that makes me physically ill which I believe is happening right now and it sucks. I came home from work and put tomato soup in a yeti cup because I am lazy and would rather drink it like that vs sipping it out of a bowl. It really helped my throat and I will say being sick is distracting me from other issues. I sound like I’ve smoked 2 packs of Marlboro Menthol’s a day my entire life. (In my brief smoking period I would only smoke menthol’s). My moods have sucked and I am trying to power through it but it is hard to do. I spend the day with my daughter and husband when I got home from work. My daughter eventually went to spend the night at my moms house so the hubby and I laid in bed eating Zaxbys and watching Better Things. (I am now obsessed with Better Things.) I love laying on Wayne there is something about my head on his chest that is so relaxing. No matter what is going on if my head is on his chest nothing else in the world matters at that moment. I am worried about so much mostly money and all of this. I don’t know what I am doing with this and what direction I want to go. I’ve fallen in love with my book again and I need to publish it but it seems so surreal actually finishing it and letting people see inside. I have a blog entry saved here that I occasionally type on when I’m in the mood but I need to focus dammit get all the pieces together and create the magic that started so long ago. I just need to get there again.
When was the last time you washed your makeup brushes? I don’t remember. I haven’t really worked with my makeup in months so I couldn’t tell you. I just got new foundation (NARS) which I am so excited about and new skin care routine. I bought a trial kit of Tatcha which I’ve heard nothing but great things about. I tried to put on my NARS foundation for Christmas Eve excited I would no longer look yellow but when I put it on I forgot my brushes were caked with old makeup so that beautiful smooth foundation ended up looking horrible. I have also not washed my face consistently either. I know part of good makeup is good skincare and I’ve not done anything to help it. I want to wear it tomorrow so I cleaned my brushes and they were absolutely disgusting. My big brush also my older and favorite one. It was the first brush I bought when I started to wear makeup again, the lady sold me on this $50 Urban Decay brush. It is also the one it takes the longest to clean. I let them soak overnight and this morning the rest of my brushes cleaned easily along with the beauty blenders that the can’t didn’t eat. This one takes a lot of extra time and patience but when its ready it is still my absolute favorite. I am going to shock my face into working tomorrow. I will post pictures of my makeup look tomorrow. Let’s hope it goes better than Christmas Eve.
- To love myself– Yeah this is hard to do everything with my illness makes me want to hate myself. The weight gain how selfish I am because even though I don’t want it to everything ends up revolving around me. I don’t want to be the center of attention but when I start going through mood swings and other delights with this bullshit people have to walk on eggshells with me. I also think I look disgusting so there is that too. I am going to figure out how to make it better I am setting this example for my daughter so I need to try more.
- Don’t step on the scale for the number– That is kind of why I step on the scale?? I try to avoid the scale if at it all possible, it can quickly make all the hard work and self esteem disappear. I am starting a new workout routine at the beginning of the year (I need to finish that schedule….) so hopefully I can be a little healthier for next year.
- Your well being is more important than anything else– This is true and over the last few months I started learning this. I am getting better about setting boundaries and knowing when to stop. I’ve also learned to vocalize this better as well. I know with my temper issues there are times that I have to say, “I need a minute to calm down or I can’t have a productive conversation right now.” People don’t know how to take it when I fist say it until they see me pop my top then they quickly understand why I need a minute. It is sad that I have to get to that point for people to understand.
- Let go of things that are out of your control- I don’t think anyone is capable of this completely. It is so hard to let stuff go that is out of your control because if you can control then you can fix it right? I feel that is how it should work but I don’t think that is the case. There are plenty of professional issues that I can control but the ones I can’t I hold on to and it causes a lot of problems for me. I have a problem with obsessing about things and I will overthink it so much it makes me sick. I am going to write down things I can’t control unfortunately not on here because I am limited in some of those subjects what I can and can’t talk about.
- Forgive more, judge less, practice kindness- I grouped these all together because to me it is all one thought. If I can do one then the rest should follow in rather quickly which in theory sounds good but in reality probably isn’t going to happen. I really try to not judge people because of everything I’ve been through and done I wouldn’t want someone to judge me based on that. People tell me I am kind but I don’t always see it. I have the kindness I don’t flaunt on social media because it is only kind if you do it without justification from strangers. If I find money on the ground or someone drops something I don’t post on social media guess what I did because everyone doesn’t need to know everything small thing I do, but now I am judging people dammit. It is a lot harder than you think. I am forgiving with my husband but other people not so much. My husband and daughters feelings are the ones I care about the most other people meh. If we are close and I actually like you of course I will forgive you if not then I don’t know what to tell you shit sucks, get over it. I am trying to be more forgiving, but I will not apologize for my illness or steps I need to do to take care of myself you can just suck my dick on that. I am doing everything I can to take care of me and if it doesn’t fit in your bubble then again suck my dick.